Re: debconf priority level switching

Op 23-03-2007 om 17:19 schreef Eddy Petri??or:
> Otavio Salvador wrote:
> > Sander Marechal <s.marechal@jejik.com> writes:
> >
> >> Perhaps there should be an option in the menu that you see after backing
> >> out of something that toggles expert mode on/off?
> >
> > I like the idea to be asked if you want to change to expert mode or
> > not. This looks more user-friendly from my POV :-)
>
> I totally agree with this PoV.

My addition on this topic:

* The concept of changing the debconf prio on error is good
* Not telling the user about the priority change is not so good
* Adding a question "At which level do want to continue?" is not that
  user-friendly for those who need the so called user-friendlyness.
* Hidding the debconf priority in a simplified user level is wrong

Geert Stappers
Could not resist to say again that "expert" should be renamed to "detailed"
--
Wie ben ik om aan mij zelf te twijfelen?   --Loesje