Re: r46016 - in trunk/packages/main-menu: . debian

Frans Pop wrote:
> On Friday 23 March 2007 11:50, Colin Watson wrote:
>> Log:
>> * Restore previous default priority when selecting a menu item
>> immediately after backing up to the main menu.
>
> Im not sure that this change is a good idea. Having the priority lowered
> after exiting to the menu can be very useful.

It's also very annoying for people who have no idea how to answer the
expert questions (a.k.a. me). For example, during the install I had to
back out of the partitioner, rescan the hard drives and start the
partitioner again (see install report #415963). Suddenly I was asked to
specify GRUB install paths and the like, while all I wanted was "default
- MBR".

Perhaps there should be an option in the menu that you see after backing
out of something that toggles expert mode on/off?

--
Sander Marechal
http://www.jejik.com