Re: About the "Improving Debian Installer Usability" GSoC proposal

Op 23-03-2007 om 09:34 schreef Santiago Ruano Rincón:
> I also used to think that usability was for not-"intelligent" and lazy people,
> but my pre-degree thesis project [3] made change my mind. I worked with
> a Colombian indigenous group, faw away from the city, they are using
> computers and I'd like they use debian, but they live in a rural
> environment and they aren't computer technicians. I want a more suitable and
> easier OS for them.

Then provide then with _installed_ systems.
Don't let them wait for an "easier" installer which they use only a
short time ( if they even do their own install ... )

Yes, I'm saying the "good intensions" are not that good.

Geert Stappers