Re: d-i broken as of yesterday with debian/testing + other 'unofficial' archives

ok - is there a way to stop tasksel entirely from being run?

for me, it serves no immediate purpose - but later on i _do_ want to
run it, manually, and then fill-in-the-blanks.

alternatively, is there a way anyone can think of for me to get my _own_
patched version of tasksel - over a netboot install - without having the
gpg-related question cos i'm using non-debian-trusted archives ?

clues really appreciated.

l.

On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 01:15:46AM +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 05:44:34PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> > No, the whole point of d-i is to allow anyone to install Debian no
> > matter what their skill level, this includes both providing the best
> > possible defaults for naive users (including selecting desktop software
> > for them by default if their machine seems capable and they don't
> > override it), and providing full customisation for experts.
>
>  i've thought a bit more.  i understand where you're coming from, and it
>  would seem that that's been the way it's set up all along, and because
>  i've been using phil's example configs all along, i assumed that all
>  d-i was like that (minimalist install as a starting point).
>
>  i don't mind full customisation, but some point in the last 24-48 hours
>  it would appear that the way that you're supposed to disable desktop
>  tasksel has broken.
>
>  l.

lkcl.net - mad free software computer person, visionary and poet.