Re: Newest powerpc install disks not booting

On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 03:58:16PM -0700, dann frazier wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 10:06:52PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > Hi Dann,
> >
> > we used to have miboot-floppies for sarge/powerpc somewhere on
> > people.debian.org/~luther/ but it seems they are gone. Since these floppies
> > in etch are also sometimes not working and older hardware might not be
> > supported by newer kernels, too - it would be very good to have them again.
> >
> > Did you do the sarge 3.1r4 rebuild of d-i for powerpc? Or do you know who did?
>
> It looks like this was autobuilt:
>   http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?&pkg=debian-installer&ver=20050317sarge1&arch=powerpc&stamp=1154814507&file=log
>
> > I'm asking you to do this, because I guess you have everything set up and just
> > need to install miboot and repeat the build. (To use the same chroot again
> > for official builds, you obviously need to remove the miboot package again.)
>
> Frans: can we update debian-installer on a single arch, perhaps via
> binNMU, like this?

No, because miboot is not in main, and thus official d-i packages cannot be
done.

What is needed is a local build of the miboot floppies, and putting them up
somewhere unofficial, and replacing the official sarge miboot floppies by a
note pointing to these unofficial images.

Friendly,

Sven Luther