Re: Newest powerpc install disks not booting
On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 09:06:30AM -0200, Lucas Rossi wrote:
Well, since miboot is not free (yet), it was not included in the sarge
official builds. Your best guess is to rebuild the debian-installer package of
sarge yourself, after having installed the miboot package (from
http://people.debian.org/~luther/miboot if i remember well), which would yield
you not-broken miboot floppies for installation on your old world system.
On a sarge powerpc system :
1) lftp http://people.debian.org/~luther/miboot
2) mget *.deb
3) dpkg -i *.deb
4) apt-get source debian-installer
5) cd debian-installer-<version>
6) apt-get build-dep debian-installer
7) dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -us -uc
Not sure if this will do it, but should be a good start.