Re: Newest powerpc install disks not booting

Hi Dann,

we used to have miboot-floppies for sarge/powerpc somewhere on
people.debian.org/~luther/ but it seems they are gone. Since these floppies
in etch are also sometimes not working and older hardware might not be
supported by newer kernels, too - it would be very good to have them again.

Did you do the sarge 3.1r4 rebuild of d-i for powerpc? Or do you know who did?

To build the miboot-floppies (miboot is a bootloader for oldworld powerpc for
floppies, which is non-free), you need to install the miboot-package in your
sarge chroot before building the powerpc-floppies the normal way.

miboot is available at http://people.debian.org/~luther/miboot/ - but beware,
the package has one bug: you need to do chmod +x /usr/bin/miboot after
installing it.

I'm asking you to do this, because I guess you have everything set up and just
need to install miboot and repeat the build. (To use the same chroot again
for official builds, you obviously need to remove the miboot package again.)

regards,
	Holger