Re: Installing Debian amd64 on an asus P5W DH Deluxe + E6600 : kernel on installer broken + bugs in d-i when changing kernel + modules

Frans Pop wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 November 2006 01:05, Eric Valette wrote:
>> Found the culprit : S61mouse-support-x86 is incorrectly written  : it
>> does not use -q option for modeprobe not the || true.
>
> Nice job of tracing that!

Want to use my new computer :-)

> The installer is not really set up to work with kernels that are
> configured totally different from the standard Debian kernels.
>
> If you really have a totally different kernel, you may run into other
> issues as well later on in the installation.
>
>> Will fill a bug because it almost prevent to easilly upgrade to a
>> newer/better configured kernel.
>
> Note that "better configured" is a subjective opinion.

Sure. But for me this one at least works!. Was 2 AM. So I did not finish
the install. I boot into the gtk mode, an started to partition the disk.

Will report until I finish.

BTW = I have written a script to update the installer to a new kernel
*almost* automatically. Interested in putting this somewhere?

--eric