Re: Installing Debian amd64 on an asus P5W DH Deluxe + E6600 : kernel on installer broken + bugs in d-i when changing kernel + modules

Eric Valette wrote:
> Please CC me when anwsering: I'm not suscribed.
>
> 1) Did anybody else tried to replace a kernel with all drivers build in?
> Why did the "modprobe -q evdev ||true" fail? Has it anything to do with
> SMP support as the shell will probably spawn the two child on different
> proc but should receive exit status as on UP? Sound like a bug in d-i
> isn't it?

Found the culprit : S61mouse-support-x86 is incorrectly written  : it
does not use -q option for modeprobe not the || true.

Will fill a bug because it almost prevent to easilly upgrade to a
newer/better configured kernel.

-- eric