Re: Graphical D-I test install

On Wed, Oct 18, 2006 at 11:06:08AM +0200, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
> >-- *Useless* with the current partitioner
>
> Sub-optimality of standard partitioner is something i've heard many
> people complaining about.
> I know xavier oswald once started porting gparted from c++ to plain c: i
> checked out the svn repo some times ago and found a lot of code was
> already written.
> Is someone still working on this? Would a gparted-like partitioner be
> useful for post-etch? (That's basically a lot of GTK programming, i
> could work on it too)

Another solution is to use gparted and the C++ libraries which go with it. I
know that there is a dogma of not using c++, but given the development ongoing
on gparted, and that we would basically need to do fork all that development
if we want to do our stuff.

Adding C++ libraries will add more or less 1MB to the image.

Friendly,

Sven Luther