Re: Graphical D-I test install

On Wednesday 18 October 2006 11:38, Julien Goodwin wrote:
> >> -- D-I needs a password widget (er, seems to have one, the crypto
> >> lvm just doesn't use it)
> >
> > DEBCONF protocol allows "PASSWORD" questions, and the GTK frontend
> > implements them.
> > Maybe the crypto lvm is asking passwords using "STRING" instead of
> > "PASSWORD"? Julien, could you please check?
>
> er my bad here, I meant the way the password is prompted for. It's
> never shown in cleartext.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you want here...
The passphrase is not supposed to be shown in clear text as you don't want
people reading it over your shoulder. That is also why you have to enter
it a second time for confirmation.

What exactly is (in your opinion) wrong with the current way the
passphrase is asked?