Re: Plans for localization-config

> > -have localechooser trigger "apt-install localization-config" so that
> >  the target system has it installed when it will need it
>
> Why use localechooser to do this? It seems much more logical to let the
> l-c udeb take care of this.

Yeah, probably. Proposing localechooser is indeed a leftover of
previous plans I had in mind where most things would be triggerred by
localechooser.

So, let's say that l-c post-installer actions will "apt-install l-c"

> > -have a menu entry that reproduces what we had in base-config, ie
> > mostly run "update-locale-config --preinst" to preseed things that
> > need it (mostly dictionaries-common and X)

Removed finally in 1.0~rc2 and replaced by a post-baseinstaller script

> > -have a finish-install script that's run on the completely installed
> > system to reproduce what we formerly has in base-config as
> > well...mostly acting on packages configuration files
>
> Note that both of these should not run if locale = C (or C.UTF8).

Sure. This is currently handled by localechooser installing l-c only
for non C locales...but this can be moved in the post-baseinstaller script

> > Please note that I DID NOT work to have actions adapted to etch in
> > l-c, so that means that most of the actions are currently
> > outdated...:-). That work should come after d-i integration and I'd
> > prefer having Kostas work on it.
>
> Agreed. We will also need to get translators to test again this widely.

As usual, yes. What I've been only able to test right now is.....that
using l-c udeb does not break anything, which is expected as.....it
does nothing for etch installs..:-)