Re: Urgent : megaraid and qla2300 modules not found

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 04:01:15PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Thursday 17 August 2006 15:05, De Leeuw Guy wrote:
> > I have 2 days to install debian etch on our production server.
> > I download the last daily build of the cdrom (release
> > debian-testing-ia64-netinstall.iso 20060815).
> > But missing the driver megaraid legacy and qla2300 on the cdrom
> >
> > could you help me by building a new daily build iso with these 2
> > modules or minimum with the megaraid_legacy ?
>
> I'd first check if the modules you need are already included in the
> regular kernel image package (linux-image-2.6.16-2-itanium-smp). If they
> are, just copy them over to the installer somehow and run 'depmod -a;
> update-dev'.

Obviously they are not, or he would not be complaining. I believe that
those modules are the one moved to the non-free package because of firmware
issues, so indeed creating a custom kernel is the only solution until the
non-free firmware issue is solved, which include support for more than one
source of udebs in the installer, which you mentioned in the post beta3
topics.

Friendly,

Sven Luther