[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Plans for GTK+ - update

On Monday 03 July 2006 11:51, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le vendredi 30 juin 2006 à 19:21 +0200, Josselin Mouette a écrit :
> > In the next days, the stable 1.2 branch of libcairo should be
> > released.
> This has just happened. It has been uploaded to unstable today.

Hmm. I'm not totally happy that this happened without coordinating it 
first. Luckily it will not break the current graphical installer (as the 
udeb was named differently by Dave that the current "hacked" one).

> > Sometime during summer, GTK+ 2.10 should be released, with integrated
> > DirectFB support.
> This has also happened.

At one point you feel like you're waiting endlessly for these releases to 
happen, and then you get rushed by them ;-)

> As we want to be able to upload GTK+ 2.10 to unstable as soon as
> possible, we'd like to move the current experimental 2.8 packages to
> unstable.
> Could you tell us what is exactly needed for that without breaking d-i?
> Do we need versioned conflicts with some packages?

The gtk2.0+directfb packages _do_ have the same names as existing 
packages, so for that a coordinated upload is necessary.

AFAIK versioned conflicts are of no use for d-i. We just have to make sure 
that udebs that depend on the cairo and gtk libs are rebuilt ASAP after 
the new libs hit unstable.
We also have to ask FTP masters for removal of the hacked source packages 
and their binaries, but that can wait until after the rebuild.

I had just come to the decision to delay this until _after_ the d-i Beta3 
release, mainly because when I tested the image Davide created last week, 
I noticed some problems for which I've just sent a mail [1].
I'd like to await reactions from Davide and Attilio before making a 
decision. Can you give me till the end of the week?


[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2006/07/msg00089.html

Attachment: pgpJjMgddaNkJ.pgp
Description: PGP signature

Reply to: