Re: Plans for GTK+ - update
On 03/07/06, Frans Pop <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
On Monday 03 July 2006 11:51, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le vendredi 30 juin 2006 à 19:21 +0200, Josselin Mouette a écrit :
> > In the next days, the stable 1.2 branch of libcairo should be
> > released.
> This has just happened. It has been uploaded to unstable today.
Hmm. I'm not totally happy that this happened without coordinating it
first. Luckily it will not break the current graphical installer (as the
udeb was named differently by Dave that the current "hacked" one).
I think Josselin was reffering to upstream.
> > Sometime during summer, GTK+ 2.10 should be released, with integrated
> > DirectFB support.
> This has also happened.
At one point you feel like you're waiting endlessly for these releases to
happen, and then you get rushed by them ;-)
> As we want to be able to upload GTK+ 2.10 to unstable as soon as
> possible, we'd like to move the current experimental 2.8 packages to
> Could you tell us what is exactly needed for that without breaking d-i?
> Do we need versioned conflicts with some packages?
The gtk2.0+directfb packages _do_ have the same names as existing
packages, so for that a coordinated upload is necessary.
AFAIK versioned conflicts are of no use for d-i. We just have to make sure
that udebs that depend on the cairo and gtk libs are rebuilt ASAP after
the new libs hit unstable.
Here come the fruits of our work, the udebs will be partly built at
the same time as the regular debs enter unstable ;-). the only thing
which needs building, AIUI is cdebconf(-gtk).
The rest are already ok.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" A.Einstein