Re: RFC: partman-auto-crypto

On Thursday 22 June 2006 09:14, Christian Perrier wrote:
> That entry could be a problem. We actually already have this problem
> with partman-auto....${DEVICE} can contain a very long string...and
> does actually not fit completely on the screen.

Maybe we should make this menu indented, similar to the main partman menu.

<example>
Manually edit partition table

SCSI1 (0.0.0) (sda) - 2.1 GB VMware, ...
   Erase entire disk and create new partitions
   Erase entire disk; use LVM for new partitions
   Erase entire disk; use LVM for new encrypted partitions
SCSI2 (0.0.1) (sdb) - 2.1 GB VMware, ...
   Erase entire disk and create new partitions
   Erase entire disk; use LVM for new partitions
   Erase entire disk; use LVM for new encrypted partitions
</example>

The challenge will be how to implement this and still allow for
preseeding...

I've moved manual partitioning to the top as with the increased options,
we run the risk that it drops off the first screen, and it's too
important for that.
(That problem already exists BTW and will be worse with p-a-crypto.)

The default should probably still be "Erase entire disk" for the first
hard disk listed.

Another question is what to do when the disk itself is selected. Probably
either just do normal auto partitioning or show the same options again.