Re: Status of debian-installer for the native ppc64 port

On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 06:38:57PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Friday 16 June 2006 17:48, Andreas Jochens wrote:
> > a while ago I filed a few patches to the BTS to make d-i work on the
> > native 64-bit ppc64 port (http://debian-ppc64.alioth.debian.org).
> >
> > Frans Pop kindly asked me to collect all the necessary ppc64/d-i
> > related changes and to present a summary to make a decision about
> > ppc64 integration easier.
> >
> > Generally, the ppc64 port does not need any intrusive changes to d-i.
>
> From what I can see from this mail, I tend to agree :)

Notice that i have been working on install on powerpc 64 bit boxes (js21 and
p505) this week, and that the 32bit installer should be mostly sufficient.

I suppose the best solution for this is to use the same 32 bit installer, and
then install from the ppc64 archive, instead of rebuilding the installer in 32bit
like you intent.

Did you investigate this solution ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther