Status of debian-installer for the native ppc64 port

Hello,

a while ago I filed a few patches to the BTS to make d-i work on the
native 64-bit ppc64 port (http://debian-ppc64.alioth.debian.org).

Frans Pop kindly asked me to collect all the necessary ppc64/d-i
related changes and to present a summary to make a decision about
ppc64 integration easier.

Generally, the ppc64 port does not need any intrusive changes to d-i.

Basically the necessary patches do something like 's/powerpc/powerpc ppc64'
in debian/control together with the addition of the architecture
specific configuration files at the appropriate places.

Some of the ppc64 patches have already been applied to individual d-i
udeb packages.

The following changes are still necessary to make d-i work on ppc64:

debian-installer: - 's/powerpc/powerpc ppc64/' in debian/control
                  - add ppc64 files in build/config and build/pkg-lists

base-installer  : - add a 'kernel/ppc64.sh' script

clock-setup     : - 's/powerpc/powerpc ppc64/' in debian/control

gtk+2.0-directfb: - 's/powerpc/powerpc ppc64/' in debian/control

kbd-chooser     : - 's/powerpc/powerpc ppc64/' in debian/control
                  - add ppc64 specific CFLAGS and KEYBOARDS in Makefile

linux-kernel-di-: - add modules/ppc64 dir (copy of modules/powerpc-powerpc64)
powerpc-2.6     : - add a ppc64 linux-image line to kernel-versions
                  - add 'linux-image-... [ppc64]' to the Build-Depends

mkvmlinuz       : - 's/powerpc/powerpc ppc64/' in debian/control

partman-base    : - add a ppc64 specific alternative to definitions.sh

partman-newworld: - 's/powerpc/powerpc ppc64/' in debian/control

rootskel        : - make a lib64 -> lib symlink on ppc64 (same as on amd64)

I hope that these changes are acceptable for the d-i team
and that these changes will eventually be applied to the
d-i sources.

Regards
Andreas Jochens