Re: Hello, sata and stable

On Sat, May 20, 2006 at 02:25:10PM +0300, Onder Hazaroglu wrote:
> I've some problems installing debian sarge/stable release. I've new
> hardware. i945 motherboard and sataII drives. Stable sarge3.1r2 cannot
> detect my sata drives.

The http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/FAQ has SATA drives
covered. It tells about a list of supported SATA controllers
at http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Hardware/sata.html
I hope yours is covered, otherwise I hope you can return
the computer to shop and get a refund.
(ask for Linux support before you buy the hardware)

> I've another installer, testing-etch. I booted with
> the second installer and I set up my server. But I want to use stable
> version. What can I do? Is there any installer stable and can detect my
> sataII disks ? I tried to change vmlinuz on stable iso, but another
> problem has been encountered. No module for the kernel loaded. So, didnt
> detect my hardware again.
> I struckted at this point, what must I do to solve this problem? I want to
> use stable version debian.

Contact others, see http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
for more information about this harsh redirect.

> Good work,

Thank you

Cheers
Geert Stappers