Re: gtk 2.0.x or 2.9+ for etch g-i ? (Was: graphics or text as default)

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 07:36:48PM +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> Le mardi 16 mai 2006 à 18:42 +0300, Eddy Petrişor a écrit :
>
> > So the questions are:
> > - Is it OK for the GTK+GNOME team to have D-I people (and maybe with
> > the help of some gtk/gnome people) build some udebs for GTK
> > _with_the_DFB_ backend, as it is now for the 2.0.9 version?
>
> Sure, no objection with that
>

> > So, in English, the main question is if the gtk/gnome people are ok
> > with the fact that now, the lead of developing gtk packages will be
> > taken by d-i people?
>
> Building some udeb is not exactly taking the lead of the GTK packages,
> right?

Well, my proposal was to use the same packaging infrastructure for both
the official 2.8 gtk and the .udeb producing 2.9+ gtk packages, add the
necessary stuff to produce the new -directfb packages, and disable the build
of the normal ones.

it is indeed not taking the lead, but the experience may benefit the gtk team
later on.

Friendly,

Sven Luther