Re: graphics or text as default?

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 08:36:56AM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 May 2006 08:11, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > Eh, if you want to do gtk-dfb, you can't. The choice between using the
> > DirectFB backend or the X11 backend has to be done at compile time. Or
> > am I missing something?
>
> No, you're not. This is an issue and it's going to take some advanced
> library packaging knowledge to figure it out.
>
> However, I do know that it is possible set up the build system to compile
> the udeb with a different config than the debs. The question is if you
> can do that based on the regular lib and lib-dev packages.

My point really was that it's silly to drop the graphical installer as a
target for Etch if you need to compile differently for gtk-dfb anyway;
so if the regular gtk2 packages aren't at the correct version, having a
different gtk2 source package which compiles the .udeb (and nothing
more--unless you need some -dev packages to be able to build the
installer image) would seem to be the obvious solution.

--
Fun will now commence