DejaVu displaying Vietnamese OK? (was: Re: [g-i] freefont vs. dejavu

On 23/03/2006, at 7:07 AM, Davide Viti wrote:

http://www.webalice.it/zinosat/shots/vi_dejavu24.png

looks a bit weird to me.

Davide, are you sure the encoding/locale are correct? DejaVu is displaying Vietnamese readably, if not perfectly in terms of accent shape and position, on my system (Mac OSX).

I've just added links and screenshots of both Freefont (26/01/06 snapshot, latest I could find) and DejaVu 2.4, to my comparative fonts page (and removed the document title-bar which was annoying you ;) ).

http://www.riverland.net.au/~clytie/viet/fonts.html

I have written to the DejaVu authors, giving them feedback about their font and displaying Vietnamese.

I hope this is useful. :)