Re: Dzongkha translation effort

Quoting Geert Stappers (stappers@debian.org):
> On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 08:47:44AM -0500, Pema Geyleg wrote:
> > Dear all,
>
> Welcome Bhutan,
>
> > Our team (from Bhutan) would like to take up translation work to have
> > Dzongkha language support in Debian Installer and also help in developing
> > the debian installer GUI version.
>
> This the right mailinglist for those issues.
> (If you have questions about it, then just ask)

Just to make it clear: announcements like the one sent by Pema are the
very last step of the New Language Process I have formalized since
last year:
http://people.debian.org/~bubulle/d-i/i18n-doc/ch03.html

I ask translators to introduce their translation effort so that
everyone in the team can learn about them, the context of their work
and so on.

But most of the time, this concludes a process that's lasting for
several weeks before the announcement, mostly in private between the
i18n coordination (actually, me) and the language coordinator.