Re: base-installer: "failed to determine the codename for the release" (expert mode)

On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 22:12 +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Friday 17 February 2006 21:20, Leonardo Boiko wrote:
> > Hi.  I'm trying to netinstall testing on an old laptop via a PLIP
> > connection, which is possible only in expert mode (I think).
> > Everything works fine up to the "install the base system" step, which
> > fails with the following message: "Debootstrap Error: Failed to
> > determine the codename for the release".  This happens consistently.
>
> Can you please file a full installation report [1] and attach the
> file /var/log/syslog (gzipped) from the installation?

Hi,

I've had this problem yesterday aswell, i was using quitte antique
floppy images (data 090905). I've made a new pair of floppys with the
daily build images from yesterday and that fixed the problem for me.

Are you using a current installer medium or is your's antique aswell ;-)

Greetz,

Michel van der Klei