g-i games: tentative icebreaker and libsdl source packages ...

Hi all,

I have uploaded my work for tentative libsdl and icebreaker udebs to :

  http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i/games

I wanted to work on those more, but doubt i will have time before fosdem, so
anyone interested may have a look.

I built those in extremadura, and the remaining problems are :

  - libsdl : the sound part was not properly disabled, i only did
    --disable-audio, but not the individual sound drivers. The full list is in
    ./configure --help. The actual libsdl maintainer team seems MIA, but Sam
    hocevar, who did the latest uploads promised me he would have a look. Sam
    can you do something with those packages ? If we could have a libsdl in
    unstable that produces the needed .udeb for fosdem, this would allow me to
    work on the actual game until there.

  - There is a list of games on the g-i wiki, of them i selected icebreaker.
    The constraints was to have no C++, no sound, no gtk+ or qt, no X
    dependencies, so only libsdl, and directfb/gtk where allowed. Icebreaker,
    of all the games i emaximed (i examined the list upto m or so one late
    night in extremadura) seemed the most suitable for our purpose, it is a
    quick game, and easy to understand, usable with mouse only even.

    Problems with the icebreaker game is that there is some work needing done
    to be able to disable the sound (it works nicely, but mklibs is not happy
    trying to get the sound libs), and there seem to be some directfb or
    powerpc bugs in it. At least one endianess bug (i got red instead of
    bluish), and some strange bug which moved the screen lower than where the
    mouse was clicking. But these should be easily solvable, i believe.

  - The last issue, which goes beyond games, is the packaging of the fusion
    kernel modules, i will try to look at this (offline) during this week, and
    have something ready at fosdem, which i can then upload once i am back.

Friendly,

Sven Luther