Re: base-installer: "failed to determine the codename for the release" (expert mode)

On 2/18/06, Michel van der Klei <michel@mitch-it.nl> wrote:
> I've had this problem yesterday aswell, i was using quitte antique
> floppy images (data 090905). I've made a new pair of floppys with the
> daily build images from yesterday and that fixed the problem for me.
>
> Are you using a current installer medium or is your's antique aswell ;-)

I was using floppies downloaded at the very day I was installing
(2006-02-17).  For the record, I "solved" the problem by manually
editing base-installer's postinst, commenting the mirror/codename
section off and forcing the DISTRIBUTION variable to "etch".  It then
failed on the package installing step, but since I like to install
them manually I didn't mind.

I'll send an installation-report, but I'm afraid I forgot to keep the syslog.

--
Leonardo Boiko