Re: Can apt-get do an "apt-get update"? Broken installs

On Wednesday 08 February 2006 06:35, Frans Pop wrote:
> The only difference may be that in this test extra packages
> (apt-install run) install correctly. It's only at pkgsel that things
> fail.

This is in fact the same as what Martin sees.

The first error is in fact during apt-setup and thus earlier than Martin
mentions:
  W: GPG error: http://<hostname> etch Release: unknown error running gpgv
Which explains why running apt-get update does "fix" things.

There are also loads of "time stamp <date> is <huge number> s in the
future" warnings from tar in the log.

Maybe we should add a simple check at the beginning of the install to
check if system date is sane?