Re: [g-i] Arabic / Persian fonts

On 2/8/06, Frans Pop <aragorn@tiscali.nl> wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 February 2006 02:05, Mohammed Adnène Trojette wrote:
> > I did not mean the size was not OK, I meant the font is not OK.
>
> That would be totally weird. They are supposed to be the same font (if
> only nazli is on that image). As they are not, that assumption is false,
> so _please_ let's forget about those screenshots.

That would be my fault...

On the last night I spent analysing fonts at Extremadura I did the following:
- booted the official image (+vt2 fix) at the time (built by Frans then)
- got some screenshots and then realised from the reports that many
glyphs were present in more than one font and, thus I couldn't
certainly say which font is which
- removed all _arabic_ fonts (ae_Mohanad.ttf) and took the screenshots
at [1] (_believing_ that they were all using nazli)
- realized that they were not and started making screenshots[2] after
removing _all_ fonts but the one I was trying to test

Unfortunately, I didn't had time to make screenshots for arabic and
persian in the same manner, but only for indic scripts.

Please accept my appologies for not stating clearly what happening in
a detailed mail message.

[1] http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/gtk-frontend/font-snapshots/ttf-nazli-060121/
[2] http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/gtk-frontend/font-snapshots/unstable-060121-single-fonts/
--