Re: gtk+2.7.0 / directfb

Right: correct fonts need to be be packed for all supported languages as well as all the needed libs. Fonts will take a lot of space on the netinst cd (tens of megabytes), as well all the needed libraries (around 15 mb for libgtkdirectfb only): to save space we can choose the smallest possible fonts and cut down the un-needed parts of the libs we'll decide to use. The last point is anyway trickier, since that would force to produce and pack ad-hoc libs for the cdebconf, instad of general puropse libs.
What do you and the mantainers of all those libs think about this point?
And where should we place all those heavy udebs? inside the initrd?

attilio

Christian Perrier wrote:
Quoting Attilio Fiandrotti (fiandro@tiscalinet.it):

start to make experiments to pack into udebs the latest gtk, glib, atk and pango libraries and qnything else that is needed by the gtk frontend.

Probably fonts as well. Choosing the Right Font(s) will probably be a
tricky work.