Re: gtk+2.7.0 / directfb

Hi

as far as i know only davide's "homemade" gtk 2.7.0 lbraries are available , and as soon as davide's libraries will prove gtk over dfb is now stable enough to allow cdebconf to run without crashing we should start to make experiments to pack into udebs the latest gtk, glib, atk and pango libraries and qnything else that is needed by the gtk frontend. Maybe you could help Davide to prepare precompiled libraries to compile the gtk frontend against (he told me next week he's going on vacations so he won't be abe to work on it for a couple of weeks).
GTK 2.8 is planned for august, 1st

http://www.gtk.org/plan/2.8/

i think this is the version that has to be packed into udebs, right?

ciao

attilio

Alastair McKinstry wrote:
Hi,

I am (technically) maintainer of the gtk2.0+directfb package, which
Micheal Cardenas created for the original work on the GTK frontend in
2003. This package is now well out of date with this work; has anyone
yet created official debs /udebs for gtk2.7+directfb?

I propose obsoleting gtk2.0+directfb and instead packaging
gtk+directfb . (As the only user of such a package appears to be d-i,
there is little point in producing multiple versions for different
versions of gtk+.

Any comments?

Regards
Alastair McKinstry