Desktop task and the "Desktop machine" partman recipe (was: )Re: Desktop task broken on !(i386/powerpc))

Quoting Joey Hess (joeyh@debian.org):

> As documented in the installation manual, it's about 2 gb. I doubt that
> many machines you'd want to install the desktop task on will have a
> smaller hard drive.

Which, BTW, leaves us with the problem of the "Desktop machine"
partman recipe which is likely to allow users have a 300Mb / partition
and then later try to fit the "Desktop" task in it...

#288884...

I'm reluctant in deciding alone to raise the minimum size for / to
2000MB in this recipe, at least without further discussion....but I
think we should.