Re: Desktop task and the "Desktop machine" partman recipe (was: )Re: Desktop task broken on !(i386/powerpc))

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 11:13:56PM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Joey Hess (joeyh@debian.org):
>

> > As documented in the installation manual, it's about 2 gb. I doubt that
> > many machines you'd want to install the desktop task on will have a
> > smaller hard drive.
>
> Which, BTW, leaves us with the problem of the "Desktop machine"
> partman recipe which is likely to allow users have a 300Mb / partition
> and then later try to fit the "Desktop" task in it...
>
> #288884...
>

> I'm reluctant in deciding alone to raise the minimum size for / to
> 2000MB in this recipe, at least without further discussion....but I
> think we should.

Why not fix tasksel instead ?

BTW, ideally we would ask the tasksel questions at the start of the install,
and this would allow us to some more advanced helping the user in the partman
stage. Considerations for etch maybe ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther