Re: Idea for changing the text and possibly colours of graphical d-i

Frans Pop wrote:
On Monday 05 December 2005 00:06, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:

I would prefer something that doesn't tie the GTK frontend so strictly
to the framebuffer.

Wouldn't that be possible by using a function that has two variants: one for X and one for FB. I think it should be possible to select the correct function at compile time depending on if you're building against DirectFB or X.

I think we'll have, soon or late, to deal with the gtk configuration functions [1]: i don't know if the customizations we need can be don using gtkrc configuration file, but for sure this would be a "cleaner" way.

No, let's not bother the user with that.

i was meaning something that is setup at boot time automatically basing on FB parameters: can this be done?

I guess it could be done in the rootskel-gtk, but I have no idea of the code involved.

BTW, if there are any changes you'd like to see in rootskel-gtk, please don't hesitate to ask.

I suppose the script that takes care of telling the GTK frontend what resolution has to be used should reside into rootskel-gtk, right? Also, i suppose we'll have to touch rootskel-gtk to allow the user to take screenshots of the installation as suggested in bugreport #341880 ?

ciao

Attilio

[1] http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkSettings.html