Re: Idea for changing the text and possibly colours of graphical d-i

On Sunday 04 December 2005 23:19, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
> ATM GTK frontend's widh/height are burned-in at compile time, but it
> should be able to read those parameters from the external world at
> runtime

Can the frontend not query the framebuffer and ask it what resolution it
was started in and use that as the window size?

> (global variables? a special couple of
> cdebconf-gtk/window_width cdebconf-gtk/window_height questions that are
> set up after boot?)

No, let's not bother the user with that.

> This may be nice especially for those PPC machines
> that have fixed framebuffer resolution at boot time (like wolfram's
> power mac that has fixed 1024x768 resolution).

Same for Sparc.

> A default fallback window size should be provided if the option is not
> specified.

IMO default window size should be equal to FB resolution.
Except maybe if we're going to use a smaller window size to avoid getting
text lines that are too long for readability (the rest of the display
should probably have a nice background in that case).