Re: Graphical installer - invitation to get involved

On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 08:59:14PM +0100, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:
> >>If we could compile libvte against libgtk+-directfb we could also
> >>include a VT into the g-i.
> >

> >Yep. What where the problem with it ?
>
> i now clearly remember i had not the time to recompile libvte against
> libgtk+-directfb, so i compiled a simple vte app against libgtk+-dfb
> 2.8.3 and and tried to run it using the standard libvte compiled for X.
> Of course i got a crash, but to tell exactly if it's possible
> integrating a VT into the GTK FE i should try to recompile libvte
> against gtk+-dfb.

yes, well, i think Xavier saw the same thing with libgtkmm/gparted, and i
think that when you think about it, it is obvious why this is.

So, we need to add libvte to the list of packages needing to be rebuild
against libgtk+-directfb. Well, it is libvte+libgtkmm right now.

Friendly,

Sven Luther