Re: Graphical installer - invitation to get involved

Sven Luther wrote:
On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 07:33:16PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:

On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 04:29:50PM +0100, Attilio Fiandrotti wrote:

5. A graphical partitioner is probably the biggest missing peice, I
didn't really test how the partitioner came through, just did a "wipe
entire disk" and it was still a pain.

AFAIK xavier oswald was trying to merge gparted nto the graphical d-i and making it run with GTKDFB, but i haven't had news from him from a week or two..

It will need gtk-dfb 2.8.x, since gparted is built using newer widgets not
found in 2.0.x

And udebs containing libstdc++, libsigc++, libglibmm and a version of libgtkmm
built against libgtk-directfb. libglibmm the maintainer was ready to upload,
but it needs the two first ones first, and doko has not replied about
libstdc++ yet.

i hope libgtkmm/libglibmm are not so tied to X as was libvte, that i once wanted to use in the g-i to provide a terminal without the need to do VT switching. If we could compile libvte against libgtk+-directfb we could also include a VT into the g-i.

ciao

Attilio