Re: Templates for handling UID-related questions in user-setup

Christian Perrier wrote:
> Well, at least *I* have a use case: the few machines I install at work
> manually. We have a policy where user ID's should be out company's ID
> (e.g. 7426 for myself) and I always end up in either using usermod
> after installs...or not respect the company's policy..:)

This is an excellent use case for preseed files delivered by dhcp. With
that, you could configure your companie's dhcp server to serve a preseed
file that deduces the correct UID and preseeds the hidden question to
use it. :-)

--
see shy jo