Re: Templates for handling UID-related questions in user-setup

> When I discussed it with you on IRC, I could not really think of a use
> case for it (but that in itself is not a strong argument for anything :-)

Well, at least *I* have a use case: the few machines I install at work
manually. We have a policy where user ID's should be out company's ID
(e.g. 7426 for myself) and I always end up in either using usermod
after installs...or not respect the company's policy..:)

So, I bet that we can find a few other use cases here and there. As
the code is here, I imagined it could be not that hard to keep it and
add a few interactive stuff around it.

As you mention, the "only" big deal are translations....which is about
10 strings....

> I haven't looked at the code, but if it is kept in, it should at least be
> documented why it was put in and how it could be useful. That will at
> least help maintainability in the long run.

OK, waiting for more input. Maybe this idea will drop by itself.