Re: GTK miniiso on ppc arch

Eddy Petrişor wrote:
On 10/28/05, Eddy Petrişor <eddy.petrisor@gmail.com> wrote:

On 10/27/05, Frans Pop <aragorn@tiscali.nl> wrote:

On Thursday 27 October 2005 17:10, you wrote:

GOOD NEWS, guys!

I just started the gtk frontend in ppc!!! :))

I didn't used any library reduction (MKLIBS=mklibs-copy) and I ran
from the chroot accordign to the instructions here.

I forgot to  give the links, but is not important as the mini iso boots also ;-)

there is some issue with the colours, they are messed up in the
banner, but in rest it looks fine.

This issue remains, the only messed colours are on the banner and the
cursor (is a transparent magenta). Could this be an endianess issue
that directfb has? (the debian pink is displayed as blue, so it would
make sense). Note that the rest of image is displayed correctly so I
suspect something related to drawing pictures of some sort.

Davide, Attilio could you contact the directfb maintainer about this?
Probably he can make more sense out of this than any of us.

i really don't know much about PPC not DFB itself, but in the past days DFB libs v 0.9.23 and then 0.9.24 have been relased and it seems many problems related to big endian archs have been fixed (also a special patch has been privided to fix some problem in DFB when using PPC machines and Matrox VGA adapteds) but i've not tested them yet I think the best thing to to right now would be posting to directfb-dev@directfb.org a detailed description of what happens on your PPC when using GTKDFB 2.0.9 (also CCing mike.emmel@gmail.com since he's the developer of GTKDFB).

ciao

Attilio