Re: GTK miniiso on ppc arch

On Thursday 27 October 2005 17:10, you wrote:
> > No it is not; we've already eliminated that possibility.
>
> (I want to make sure we are on the same brainwave here)

s/brainwave/wavelength/ :-)

> This is not related to reducing the command line that mklibs issues to
> invoke gcc (that will run the linker) a.k.a. the modifications we made
> on mklibs before I decided to just copy all the libs (before
> mklibs-copy was available on ppc), right?

No, but it is taking the same idea further.

> > It could still be that the linker chokes on the mount of symbols that
> > are specified for inclusion, but it is not the length of the command
> > line as such.
>
> In other words, somebody managed to regenerate the segfault I got, but
> while trying to add the symbols one by one, or even other symbols, but
> with a command that was significantly smaller? (Was this with the
> patch you proposed for mklibs, the one related to using some files, of
> some sort?)

Don't know about adding one-by-one. My patch created a linker script (a
file) that replaced all the -u<symbol> options with just that filename,
reducing the command line from >6000 to about 1000.
The linker script contained:
EXTERN(<symbol>)
EXTERN(<symbol>)
EXTERN(<symbol>)
EXTERN(<symbol>)

Effectively this does the same as using -u, but avoids the long command
line, thus ruling out that as the cause.