Re: (forw) The graphical Debian Installer for Arabic

On Friday 28 October 2005 00:34, Mohammed Sameer wrote:
> I'm getting this error when I run "fakeroot make build_gtk-miniiso"
>
> I was told on IRC to run apt-get -f install
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
>
> The 2 help packages are   libid3-3.8.3-dev pdl due to an etch
> transition.
>
> I still think that this shouldn't be related to my main installation.

I'm afraid it is. I saw something of your troubles on IRC, but only when I
got home from work. The people there were right: it is not directly
related to the build, but rather to your main system.
The dependency checks for d-i builds are weird: they involve both the
udebs and the main system. The logs always show packages on the main
system being removed, although in the end nothing happens.
It is something we need to look into sometime as it can be very confusing.

I know that tetex-bin/texinfo is problematic at the moment in unstable.

This is the full list of tex related stuff I have installed ATM (i386) and
I can build the gtk-images with that. On my Sparc I have some packages on
hold for that transition...

ii cjk-latex         4.5.1-4   A LaTeX macro package for CJK
ii doc-linux-text    2005.10-1 Linux HOWTOs and FAQs in ASCII format
ii hlatex            1.0.1-1   LaTeX Korean support
ii hlatex-fonts-base 1.0-1     basic HLaTeX fonts files
ii jadetex           3.13-6    generator of printable output from SGML/X
ii tetex-base        3.0-10    Basic library files of teTeX
ii tetex-bin         3.0-10.1  The teTeX binary files
ii tetex-extra       3.0-10    Additional library files of teTeX
ii tex-common        0.8       Common infrastructure
ii texinfo           4.8-1     Documentation system for on-line info.

No idea about PHP as I don't use it.

Cheers,
FJP