Re: (forw) The graphical Debian Installer for Arabic

On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 12:55:25AM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Friday 28 October 2005 00:34, Mohammed Sameer wrote:
> > I'm getting this error when I run "fakeroot make build_gtk-miniiso"
> >
> > I was told on IRC to run apt-get -f install
> > Reading package lists... Done
> > Building dependency tree... Done
> > 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
> >
> > The 2 help packages are   libid3-3.8.3-dev pdl due to an etch
> > transition.
> >
> > I still think that this shouldn't be related to my main installation.
>
> I'm afraid it is. I saw something of your troubles on IRC, but only when I
> got home from work. The people there were right: it is not directly
> related to the build, but rather to your main system.
> The dependency checks for d-i builds are weird: they involve both the
> udebs and the main system. The logs always show packages on the main
> system being removed, although in the end nothing happens.
> It is something we need to look into sometime as it can be very confusing.
>
> I know that tetex-bin/texinfo is problematic at the moment in unstable.
>
> This is the full list of tex related stuff I have installed ATM (i386) and
> I can build the gtk-images with that. On my Sparc I have some packages on
> hold for that transition...
>
> ii cjk-latex         4.5.1-4   A LaTeX macro package for CJK
> ii doc-linux-text    2005.10-1 Linux HOWTOs and FAQs in ASCII format
> ii hlatex            1.0.1-1   LaTeX Korean support
> ii hlatex-fonts-base 1.0-1     basic HLaTeX fonts files
> ii jadetex           3.13-6    generator of printable output from SGML/X
> ii tetex-base        3.0-10    Basic library files of teTeX
> ii tetex-bin         3.0-10.1  The teTeX binary files
> ii tetex-extra       3.0-10    Additional library files of teTeX
> ii tex-common        0.8       Common infrastructure
> ii texinfo           4.8-1     Documentation system for on-line info.
>
> No idea about PHP as I don't use it.

Well, I'm using ethc, What do you thing I should do ?

Actually I tried to well understand the build process but I've failed!

PS. I can build the main svn trunk, But not the gtk one. That's why I'm not really
sure what's wrong. Sorry for not saying this in my previous email, I forgot

Many thanks.

--
-- Katoob Main Developer, Arabbix Maintainer.