Re: GTK frontend updated, please test unofficial miniiso

Hi,
These where the only bugs I could find:

1 - Exiting to a shell using the menu option doesn't
work: When clicking Continue button after the
explanation screen, the frontend freezes. If we go to
the console manually with ctrl+alt+f1 then go back
using alt+left or alt+right, the frontend appears,
after a while, showing the menu screen.

2 - In portuguese, text which is in both bold and
italic has some letters in bold, and others in italic.

You asked:
> Shall the progressbar be NEWT-like (title above it,
> current action below
> it) or GNOME HIG-compliant (current action displayed
> inside the
> progressbar, title displayed above it) ?

I think that there definitely should exist a Debian
HIG :) Not wanting to reinvent the wheel, the GNOME
HIG as well as other HIG's should be adopted and
adapted for Debian purposes. For example, the NEWT
progress bar is more informative than the curren
GNOME-HIG compliant progress bar: it shows the
percentage of the global operation, as well as the
specific action the installer is currently performing.
Is this something we/you want users to know when
installing Debian?
I admit that the current progress bar showing a "this
may take a few minutes" message is cleaner, and less
daunting. Information versus Simplicity, or can't we
have both?

Tchau,
Eduardo

OH MY ... http://www.geocities.com/jobezone/index.html