Re: [directfb-dev] Help on DFB 0.9.23 on a PPC with Matrox Mystyque VGA

On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 10:52:09PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:

> Notice that matroxfb is in general rather fucked in 2.6 kernels, since
> matroxfb upstream disagreed with the new 2.6 fbdev api or something such.

In my experience matroxfb in 2.6 is fine. IIRC the disagreement was about
some special text mode stuff that was dropped from 2.6 fbdev and AFAIK the
patch from Petr just converts the fbdev subsystem to 2.4 level.

Anyways I've never had any problems due to matroxfb in 2.6. There were
some general fbdev bugs in the early 2.6 releases but they affected all
fbdev drivers.

My only problem with matroxfb is the coding style. That multihead config
option makes the code rather ugly. I should probably try to rip it out and
see if Petr will take the patch...

--
Ville Syrjälä
syrjala@sci.fi