Re: Sarge Setup from behind a proxy/firewall

On Wed, Oct 26, 2005 at 09:15:53AM +0800, Marcus Deluigi (intern) wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am (still) trying to setup a PC with Debian Sarge Network install.
> Unfortunately, I'm behind a Windows ISA Proxy/Firewall,
> so I had to interrupt the setup after reboot in order to setup ntlmaps.
>
> So, here are my questions:
> 1.: ntlmaps runs with python, so I had to install ntlmaps,
> python and all dependencies 'by hand' with 'dpkg -i ...'
> Is it possible to let apt-get know that I installed the packages
> and to correct all internal dependencies?
>
> 2. (and this is why I send this email to debian-boot):
> I want to finish the setup because there are lot's of
> things unconfigured and only 'half-installed'.
> Is it possible to put the system into the state just before the reboot,
> so that I can reboot and finish the setup?

If you only have 1 system to install,
then install it from CD-ROM.

If you have more systems to install,
then install the first from CD-ROM and make it an install server.
All the other systems can be network installed from that system
without using the Windows ISA Proxy/Firewall that hinders you.

> Greetings,
> Marcus

GSt