Re: [patch] Defining apt sources using codename instead of suite

Joey Hess a écrit :
Frans Pop wrote:

Here are proposed patches for choose-mirror, cdrom-detect and iso-scan that determine the codename that goes with the suite that will be installed.

The idea is, when creating lines for /target/etc/apt/sources.list, to check if mirror/codename is set and, if it is, to use that instead of mirror/suite (as discussed after the release of Sarge).

There is some code duplication in choose-mirror.c, but my C skills are not sufficient to solve that.

Problem is that the duplicated code calls wget, so this will slow down
every networked install as it downloads the Release file for a second
time. I recently had to do a lot of refactoring in choose-mirror since
Sylvain's changes made it run wget redundantly. I'd rather not have to
go in and do that yet again.
if you look at my code, it does not download Release file for all suites.
it just use wget to test the link:
-		asprintf(&command,
-			 "exec wget -q %s://%s%s/dists/%s -O /dev/null",
-			 protocol, hostname, directory, preferred_dist);
sylvain