Sarge Setup

Hi!

I am (still) trying to setup a PC with Debian Sarge Network install.
Unfortunately, I'm behind a Windows ISA Proxy/Firewall, so I had to interrupt the setup after reboot in order to setup ntlmaps.

So, here are my questions:
1.: ntlmaps runs with python, so I had to install ntlmaps, python and all dependencies 'by hand' with 'dpkg -i ...'
Is it possible to let apt-get know that I installed the packages and to correct all internal dependencies?

2. (and this is why I send this email to debian-boot): I want to finish the setup because there are lot's of things unconfigured and only 'half-installed'. Is it possible to put the system into the state just before the reboot, so that I can reboot and finish the setup?

Greetings,
Marcus

Marcus Deluigi
Tel.:  +86 (21) 63352266, Extension 6658
Email: i-mardel@wicresoft.com

Business Intelligence Group
Professional & Support Services Division 专业与技术服务事业部
Shanghai Wicresoft Software Company, Ltd. 上海微创软件有限公司