Re: stuck on preseed "file may be corrupted"

On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 10:27:44AM -0400, Matt Price wrote:
> Thanks for the help Joey.
>
> After much incompetent labouring I have a very nicely-automated install
> (waits on xorg configuration, but I should be able to fix that).  Yay!
> Still having trouble changing the package lists (can't get my sig
> recognized on the Release file) but I have posted about this on
> debian-user and ubuntu-user (seemed less of a debian-installer-specific
> problem).
>
> One thing, though:  I am installing to small drives and I find they get
> filled up with all the .debs in /var/cache/apt/archives/; the
> installation then stalls at some point during font cache creation.  I
> would like to find a way to set the apt preference "clean" from my
> preseed file -- can this be one with a normal preseed command
> (base-config/apt-setup something)? Or would it be better to do something
> like:
>
> base-config/early-command string echo APT::Get::Clean \"true\"\;
> >> /etc/apt/apt.conf
>
> the escapes get complicated I guess and it's hard for me to wrap my poor
> fuzzy little head around them, but no doubt I could figure it out...

One simple option for clearing the archives is to never use it in the
first place.  If you installed over NFS mount rather than http/ftp then
it never downloads them, it just installs directly.  Handy option if you
have it, but if you don't have a local mirror and direct nfs access,
then you need to find another way to clear it.

Len Sorensen