stuck on preseed "file may be corrupted"

Hi folks,

I'm trying to make some customized disks that will simplify the
install process for my students in a very basic computer class I teach
(mostly immigrants, lots of language difficulties; simplified install
vastly preferred).  I'm installing Ubuntu breezy and have posted on
the Ubuntu lists (getting some helpful pointers from Colin in
particular) but I'm hoping this is actually the appropriate forum for
my problem, which is:

I keep getting this "preconfiguration file failed to load; file may be
corrupt" error during the install. This seems to happen no matter what
I do; e.g. I've tried replacing my first efforts with
debconf-get-selections > my.seed
also with the examples listed in both the debian and ubuntu manuals.
When I look at the files during installation in console 2 they
invariably look fine to me, so I don't think the problem has to do
with my installation media. debconf-set-selections -c my.seed (run on
the preseed files before making the iso; this is on a straight
debian-sid system, my home computer) also identifies no errors.

I'm not sure what else to do.  I've attached a copy of my preseed
file, but in case it doesn't come through I put a copy of all the
relevant stuff here:

http://www.racesci.org/LearningExchangeCD/isolinux/isolinux.cfg
http://www.racesci.org/LearningExchangeCD/preseed/learnexchange.seed

If you can spot some trouble with what I've done I would REALLY
appreciate your help with it!

Thanks,

matt

--------------------------
 .''`.       Matt Price
: :'  :      Debian User
`. `'` 	     & hemi-geek
  `-
--------------------------
if you're an evil spambot, these addresses are for you:  aardvark@derailleur.org, zeus@derailleur.org
#### MODIFYING THE KERNEL PARAMETERS
#### isolinux.cfg controls what parameters are sent
#### to kernel on boot.  You need to change the APPEND
#### lines.
#### I have a modified version in the folder
####  isolinux in this directory
# If you're remastering a CD, you could use this:
#   preseed/file=/cdrom/preseed/your.seed
# Be sure to copy this file to the location you specify.
####  PRECHOOSING LOCALE
#    debian-installer/locale=en_CA
#    kbd-chooser/method=us
# Some of the default options, like 'vga=normal' and 'devfs=mount' may be
# safely removed for most installations, which may allow you to add more
# options for preseeding.

#### d-i can execute arbitrary shell commands
# more examples at http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/breezy/main/installer-i386/current/doc/manual/en/apcs01.html
# This command is run just as base-config is starting up.
# base-config base-config/early_command  string echo Congratuations and welcome to the learning exchange

########### stolen from my old d-i answers
# mostly commented out now, except this:
############################
# default kernel image
d-i     debian-installer/kernel/image   string  linux-386
############################
# Internal use
# d-i     debconf/language        string  en_GB:en_US:en
# kernel needs an initrd (linux 2.6 only)
# d-i     debian-installer/kernel/linux/initrd-2.6        boolean true
# Internal use
# d-i     languagechooser/locale  string  en
# Choose a language:
# d-i     languagechooser/language-name   select  English
# Choose your location:
# d-i     countrychooser/country-name     select  Canada
# Internal use
#d-i     debian-installer/country        string  CA
# Internal use
# d-i     debian-installer/language       string  en_CA:en_GB:en_US:en

#### Network configuration.

# Of course, this won't work if you're loading your preseed file from the
# network! But it's great if you're booting from CD or USB stick. You can
# also pass network config parameters in on the kernel params if you are

# netcfg will choose an interface that has link if possible. This makes it
# skip displaying a list if there is more than one interface.
d-i  netcfg/choose_interface            select auto

# To pick a particular interface instead:
#d-i netcfg/choose_interface            select eth1

# If you prefer to configure the network manually, here's how:
#d-i netcfg/disable_dhcp                boolean true
#d-i netcfg/get_nameservers             string 192.168.1.1
#d-i netcfg/get_ipaddress               string 192.168.1.42
#d-i netcfg/get_netmask                 string 255.255.255.0
#d-i netcfg/get_gateway                 string 192.168.1.1
#d-i netcfg/confirm_static              boolean true

# Note that any hostname and domain names assigned from dhcp take
# precedence over values set here. However, setting the values still
# prevents the questions from being shown even if values come from dhcp.
d-i  netcfg/get_hostname                string Classroom
d-i  netcfg/get_domain                  string unassigned-domain

# Disable that annoying WEP key dialog.
# d-i  netcfg/wireless_wep                string
# The wacky dhcp hostname that some ISPs use as a password of sorts.
#d-i netcfg/dhcp_hostname               string radish

#### Mirror settings.

d-i  mirror/country                     string ca
d-i  mirror/http/hostname               string archive.ubuntu.com
d-i  mirror/http/directory              string /ubuntu
d-i  mirror/suite                       string breezy

### Partitioning.

# If the system has free space you can choose to only partition that space.
#d-i partman-auto/init_automatically_partition \
#    select Use the largest continuous free space

# Alternatively, you can specify a disk to partition. The device name can
# be given in either devfs or traditional non-devfs format.
# For example, to use the first disk devfs knows of:
d-i  partman-auto/disk                  string /dev/discs/disc0/disc

# You can choose from any of the predefined partitioning recipes:
d-i  partman-auto/choose_recipe         select All files in one partition (recommended for new users)
#d-i partman-auto/choose_recipe         select Desktop machine
#d-i partman-auto/choose_recipe         select Multi-user workstation

# Or provide a recipe of your own...
# The recipe format is documented in the file devel/partman-auto-recipe.txt.
# If you have a way to get a recipe file into the d-i environment, you can
# just point at it.
#d-i partman-auto/expert_recipe_file    string /hd-media/recipe

# This makes partman automatically partition without confirmation.
d-i partman/confirm_write_new_label     boolean true
d-i partman/choose_partition            select Finish partitioning and write changes to disk
d-i partman/confirm                     boolean true

#### Boot loader installation.

# Grub is the default boot loader (for x86). If you want lilo installed
# instead, uncomment this:
#d-i grub-installer/skip                boolean true

# This is fairly safe to set, it makes grub install automatically to the MBR
# if no other operating system is detected on the machine.
d-i  grub-installer/only_debian         boolean true

# This one makes grub-installer install to the MBR if if finds some other OS
# too, which is less safe as it might not be able to boot that other OS.
d-i  grub-installer/with_other_os       boolean true

##### Finishing up the first stage install.

# Avoid that last message about the install being complete.
d-i  prebaseconfig/reboot_in_progress   note

##### Preseeding base-config.

# Avoid the introductory message.
base-config  base-config/intro          note

# Avoid the final message.
base-config  base-config/login          note

# If you installed a display manager, but don't want to start it immediately
# after base-config finishes.
#base-config base-config/start-display-manager        boolean false

###### Time zone setup.

# Controls whether or not the hardware clock is set to GMT.
base-config  tzconfig/gmt                             boolean true

# If you told it you're in Canada.
# (Choices are: Newfoundland, Atlantic, Eastern, Central,
# East-Saskatchewan, Saskatchewan, Mountain, Pacific, Yukon, other)
base-config  tzconfig/choose_country_zone/CA          select Eastern

###### Account setup.

# To preseed the root password, you have to put it in the clear in this
# file. That is not a very good idea, use caution!
#passwd passwd/root-password            password r00tme
#passwd passwd/root-password-again      password r00tme

# If you want to skip creation of a normal user account.
#passwd passwd/make-user                boolean false

# Alternatively, you can preseed the user's name and login.
passwd passwd/user-fullname            string Administrator
passwd passwd/username                 string admin
# And their password, but use caution!
#passwd passwd/user-password            admin
#passwd passwd/user-password-again      admin

###### Apt setup.

# This question controls what source the second stage installation uses
# for packages. Choices are cdrom, http, ftp, filesystem, edit sources list
# by hand
base-config  apt-setup/uri_type         select cdrom

# If you choose ftp or http, you'll be asked for a country and a mirror.
# base-config  apt-setup/country          select enter information manually
# base-config  apt-setup/hostname         string archive.ubuntu.com
# base-config  apt-setup/directory        string /ubuntu
# Stop after choosing one mirror.
base-config  apt-setup/another          boolean false

# You can choose to install non-free (= restricted) and universe software,
# or to install software from the backports repository.
base-config apt-setup/non-free         boolean true
base-config apt-setup/universe         boolean true
base-config apt-setup/backports        boolean true

# Do enable security updates.
base-config  apt-setup/security-updates boolean true

###### Package selection.

# You can choose to install any set of packages that are available using
# aptitude patterns (see the aptitude documentation).
base-config  base-config/package-selection      string ~tubuntu-standard|~tubuntu-desktop|language-pack-gnome-bn|language-support-bn|language-pack-bn

# You can also choose to set this to the empty string, and force the
# installation of a set of packages in some other way.

###### X Configuration.

# Preseeding Ubuntu's X config is possible, but you probably need to know
# some details about the video hardware of the machine, since Ubuntu's X
# configurator does not do fully automatic configuration of everything.

# X can detect the right driver for some cards, but if you're preseeding,
# you override whatever it chooses. Still, vesa will work most places.
#xserver-xorg    xserver-xorg/config/device/driver    select vesa

# A caveat with mouse autodetection is that if it fails, X will retry it
# over and over. So if it's preseeded to be done, there is a possibility of
# an infinite loop if the mouse is not autodetected.
#xserver-xorg    xserver-xorg/autodetect_mouse        boolean true

# Monitor autodetection is recommended.
xserver-xorg    xserver-xorg/autodetect_monitor       boolean true
# Uncomment if you have a LCD display.
#xserver-xorg    xserver-xorg/config/monitor/lcd      boolean true
# X has three configuration paths for the monitor. Here's how to preseed
# the "medium" path, which is always available. The "simple" path may not
# be available, and the "advanced" path asks too many questions.
xserver-xorg     xserver-xorg/config/monitor/selection-method \
    select medium
xserver-xorg     xserver-xorg/config/monitor/mode-list \
    select 1024x768 @ 60 Hz

###### Everything else.

# Depending on what software you choose to install, or if things go wrong
# during the installation process, it's possible that other questions may
# be asked. You can preseed those too, of course. To get a list of every
# possible question that could be asked during an install, do an
# installation, and then run these commands:
#   debconf-get-selections --installer > file
#   debconf-get-selections >> file

# If you like, you can include other preseed files into this one.
# Any settings in those files will override pre-existing settings from this
# file. More that one file can be listed, separated by spaces; all will be
# loaded. The included files can have preseed/include directives of their
# own as well. Note that if the filenames are relative, they are taken from
# the same directory as the preseed file that includes them.
#d-i preseed/include                    string x.cfg

# More flexibly, this runs a shell command and if it outputs the names of
# preseed files, includes those files. For example, to switch configs based
# on a particular usb storage device (in this case, a built-in card reader):
#d-i preseed/include_command            string \
#    if $(grep -q "GUID: 0aec3050aec305000001a003" /proc/scsi/usb-storage-*/*); \
#    then echo kraken.cfg; else echo otherusb.cfg; fi