Re: FW: [directfb-dev] Gtk 2.8.3 Directfb backend in CVS

Hi,

> And we also need to make some experiments to know if this library work
> as it 's supposed to do with the debian-installer:  Davide could you
> update your scripts at http://wiki.debian.net/?DebianInstallerGUIBuild
> that pull sources from cvs and compile them to use GTK 2.8.3 ?

here's the set of changes I made (i'll add them to the wiki page asap):

download the following version of the libs:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@anoncvs.gnome.org:/cvs/gnome -z3 co -r GLIB_2_8_3 glib
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@anoncvs.gnome.org:/cvs/gnome -z3 co -r GTK_2_8_3 gtk+
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@anoncvs.gnome.org:/cvs/gnome -z3 co -r PANGO_1_10_1 pango

download this (was not in the wiki page before)
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.cairographics.org:/cvs/cairo co -r RELEASE_1_0_2 cairo-1.0.2

Apply this patch to cairo-1.0.2:

cp cairodfb/cairo/cairo-directfb.patch .
patch -b -p0 < ./cairo-directfb.patch

Modyfy the script so that cairo-1.0.2 is in place of "cairodfb/libpixman
cairodfb/cairo"

Haven't tested the libraries with the frontend: Attilio it's your time :)

ciao

Davide